Science at BMS as changed over the years from an emphasis on content to the more realistic and functional emphasis on skills. As a science team, we have determined that the seven skills below are most important and offer our students the best chance to succeed in future science course ands science careers they may choose to pursue.
- Use appropriate science vocabulary
- Use appropriate math-related skills
- Write conclusions with a claim, evidence, reasoning, and rebuttal
- Analyze charts, graphs, pictures, and models and draw conclusions
- Construct appropriate graphs from data
- Understand scientific and engineering processes
- Evaluate models, inferences, and experimental results through comparing and contrasting